Read this article and discover how to sell furniture locally and online for the most money! Here are 5 helpful tips to keep in mind!
It doesn’t matter if you want to get rid of your old furniture or you just want to clear your space, selling furniture online is a great way to make money. If you don’t have experience and you know nothing about selling furniture, don’t worry as we will show you how to sell furniture locally and online. Just follow these 5 steps:
- Identify the condition of your furniture – Before you do anything, you need to take a look at your furniture and determine its condition. Is it in a good shape? Is it damaged? Does it have blemishes? These are few of the questions you should ask yourself while checking and reviewing your furniture.
- Take timing into consideration – A lot of people don’t know that timing plays a crucial role when selling your old furniture. If you are in a hurry and you want to sell your furniture right now, we recommend you to lower the price as this automatically increases the chances of selling it much faster. If you are not in a rush, you can set a higher price and wait for the right buyer to come.
- Calculate the value of your furniture – When calculating the value of your furniture, it is important to consider its essential characteristics such as brand, condition, age, and the time of sale. There are some great furniture calculators which can help you calculate the value of your items based on some details.
- Check your competitors – Don’t forget to check your competition as this will help you determine how you can improve the items you are selling and ensure they are more attractive to the buyers.
- Take high-resolution and high-quality photos of your furniture – Photos do matter. If you want to successfully sell furniture, you need to take real-life photos that show the current condition of your item. So, before you take a photo, clean your furniture, remove any clutter including books, cups, pillows, and throws, take the photo during daylight hours, and take photos of your furniture’s back, front, and sides.
Feel free to share photos of any damages, including scratches, stains, chips, dents, and etc. Buyers should know exactly what they are buying!
— Jr. Estrada (@juniorestrada06) 24 de abril de 2017
Additional Reading: How to Sell Cosmetics and Start Your Own Business